Strona główna » Liceum » » Angielski


Vegetarianism



Poprzednia praca: This dog is extraordinary!
Następna praca: You can make a change in the world ... what will it be?



Treść: The word „vegetarian” was coined in about 1840 to mean people, who lived without killing for food,either for moral and health reasons, or both. But the practice is much older than. The priests of ancient Egypt were forbidden flesh-foods. Many Eastern religions have always recognized the grat importance of all life and the need to live without causing suffering. Modern yoga shares this belief too – yogis say that a truly spiritual life cannot be lived on flesh-foods
Human’s body is more like those of frugivorous mammals than like those of carnivous and even omnivorous animals. Why? For milions of years man must have lived on fruits, nuts, grains and leaves and so developed that kind of digestive system. Perhaps the more we get away from this diet towards meat-eating., the less likely we are to be healthy. But if it is so natural for man to have na omnivorous diet, why do we eat meat at all? One theory is that man may have started eating the flesh of animals during the Ice Ages, when the most of vegetation was destroyed. Today the Eskimos still live almost entirely on flesh – they have no alternative.
Vegetarians claim that the basic food elements which we need come from earth, air and water through vegetation. Therefore they argue that by eating meat we are getting these foods second-hand also means getting chemicals and hormones used in farming and feeding animals. Meat is generally coined to be a “first class” protein, but in fact it contains more water than protein and is very pour source of all the other food elements – minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates.
Have you ever though about how much land is requied to produce meat? When you see a few cows in a field, remember that the field is only a small proportion of what what is requied to support the animal. They will quickly eat the grass in the field and will regulary need to be moved to other fields for further supply of food. In addition to all this grass they will require a lot of other plant food in order to grow into fat, heathy, meat-producing animals. Like us, they need protein for growth – in fact an average of 90% of the protein in the original plant food is used by them. This leaves only 10% of it for those who eat animals’ flesh. So, when we feed aluable plant food to animals it is like throwing 90% of it away.
There is a world food shortage and milions of people are literatelly starving, yet the rich countries continue to live on largely meat-based diet, breeding animals which produce only one-tenth of what they consume. The crops that are fed to them could be used for direct human consumption and multiple many times the food resources avaible to the world.
...


Widzisz tylko część pracy, aby zobaczyć całość, musisz się zalogować.

Nie masz jeszcze u Nas konta? Na co czekasz? ZAREJESTRUJ SIĘ JUŻ TERAZ

Zapomniałeś hasła? Skorzystaj z formularza przypominającego hasło.


Czytano: 11735 , autor: Michalk88 , Ocena: 76.51

      Blip Śledzik Twitter Facebook Buzz Wykop

Inne podobne teksty do tytułu Vegetarianism

Brak podobnych prac w bazie danych.

Losowe teksty z tej samej kategorii

Describe the life of a person you admire.
Skinheads.
A note about a film star you admire the most.
Czasowniki angielskie nieregularne
Reported Speech - następstwo czasów
The Sixth Sense
London (2)
My hobby - speech
Cornwall
Written assignment: A review of a visit to a restaurant of your choice.


Wasze komentarze

Brak komentarzy dla danej pracy.




Zmień kategorię:

Zobacz także:


Antyk i Biblia Antyk i Biblia
Barok Barok
Biografie Biografie
Charakterystyki Charakterystyki
Gramatyka Gramatyka
Inne Inne
Konspekty Konspekty
Listy Listy
Materiały do matury Materiały do matury
Młoda polska Młoda polska
Motywy Motywy
Oświecenie Oświecenie
Plany wydarzeń Plany wydarzeń
Pozytywizm Pozytywizm
Prace przekrojowe Prace przekrojowe
Prasówki Prasówki
Prezentacje maturalne Prezentacje maturalne
Recenzje Recenzje
Renesans Renesans
Romantyzm Romantyzm
Rozprawki Rozprawki
Streszczenia Streszczenia
Średniowiecze Średniowiecze
Tematy wolne Tematy wolne
Wiersze Wiersze
Wspołczesność Wspołczesność
XX lecie XX lecie

A A A A - zmień wielkość czcionki


Oceń pracę:

Ocena pracy wynosi 76.51.

Informacje o pracy:

⇒Dodano: 2008-10-09 12:24:23
⇒Czytano: 11735
Autor: Michalk88


Dodatkowe opcje:

Drukuj stronę
ZGŁOŚ NARUSZENIE
Wyślij znajomemu
Dodaj do ULUBIONYCH



Dodaj komentarz:

Tytuł:

Treść: